Home Schooling

  • yogithabalan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
      Dear Friends,

      Im new to this group. Im planning to home school my 2 1/2 year daughter. Im in chennai can any one explain how to start and how will they write they public exams as we do in regular schooling. im really overwhelmed with all the infos in internet so at last i came to know abt this group and joined.Kindly please guide me regarding this

      Thanks & Regards
      yogitha
    • yogithabalan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
        Dear Friends,
        Im planning to do home schooling for my 2 1/2 year daughter. please kindly guide me with the procedure and curriculum for her future higher secondary exam .

        Kindly do reply.
        Regards
        Balan,chennai
      • S P Mathew
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2012
          You are already homeschooling your daughter, great and keep it up.
          Enjoy your child, the choices available for Higher Secondary Exam vary with every passing year.
          IGCSE or NIOS are the current favorites.

        • jasreenanijjar@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2012
            R. R
            Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

            From: "yogithabalan" <yogithabalan@...>
            Sender: alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:13:53 -0000
            To: <alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2012
              Hi,
              Thanks for ur reply. I havent started yet im just collecting the details for doing it. do u have any particular curriculum to follow for preschoolers. Let me know if any. I just want to know that,can homeschoolers do professionals courses like doctor, engineering like that will the exams written in NIOS or like so certificate is recognized.
              Kindly reply.

              Regards
              Balan

              --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, S P Mathew <ashokhosp@...> wrote:

              > You are already homeschooling your daughter, great and keep it up.
              > Enjoy your child, the choices available for Higher Secondary Exam vary with every passing year.
              > IGCSE or NIOS are the current favorites.

            • S P Mathew
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
                There are lots of curricula to choose from depending on what you are looking to teach. We used Abeka a lot and it is great for Phonics English.
                NIOS is recognised for admission into most colleges in India.
                There are some experts in this group on NIOS.