Re: [alt-ed-india] Conditioning

  • jinankb
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26 1:01 AM
      The fundemental difference between the western mind set and rural mind set is in the in which intuition and reason is used.  Their respective relation or the way they deal with the unknown.Reasoning mind deals with the known or the knowable where as the intuitive mind is comfortable with the unknown.The educated people in the nonwestern world also has western mind set.That is what education has ultimately acheived.Monoculturisation began with the introduction of modern education.There are certain seemingly strange paradoxes in these two ways.Intuitive knowledge deals with concrete experience and the modern reason knowledge deals with lots of abstraction.
      jinan