Re: [alt-ed-india] sensing nature workshop

  • Rajesh Lele
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      Dear Jinan

      Where is the workshop and the nearest railhead and dates.

      --
      Warm Regards

      Rajesh Lele

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        Hi Jinan,

        Best wishes for his workshop. I think what you are doing is very valuable. I hope you do manage to bring out he book.

[...]

         From 2002 onwards the workshop is more organized and more focused. The emphasis is on awakening the senses, more in line with the natural tendency of children. Another important aspect is that there is no instruction and no judgments. So no work is ever considered a mistake. The children are grouped in to 5 to 6 groups where they do work related to one of the senses but are left free to explore within the groups they have chosen.

[...]

        From last year people from outside are attending the workshop. Some times they come for just a days visit or stay as long as they want.

         -I also plan to bring this out a book based on the workshops conducted so far. Any help is welcome for this event.

        Do contact me if you are interested.

        Jinan

        Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
      • Jinankb
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
          Hi Rajesh
          The Route to Nilambur is as follows.There is a train from Shornur to
          Nilambur at 5 .45 am from Palgaht and it reaches nilambur road Railway
          station at 8.45.Aruvacode is about 4 km from here.Auto takes about Rs 35 to
          40.If you miss the train then there are lot of buses to Nilambur from
          Palghat.From the KSRTC stand board any bus going to Calicut ( Kozhikode) -
          Get down at Perinthalmanna and take bus to Nilambur.Aruvacode is one
          kilometer befor Nilambur.You could take an Auto back or get down at Kodathi
          ppadi ( Court) and It is 4 minuts walk.Ask for
          Aruvacode/Kumbham/Jinan/Potters village(kumbharanmar) etc.You could also
          come via Mysore-Gudlur-Vazhikadavu and Nilambur by Bus. Calicut is 70
          kilometrs from Nilambur.
> [...]
          > > -One group of children is involved in making the model of the village
          > > using clay.
          > > -Making things using paper, leaf etc.
          > > -Many of the rural games is also played in the sessions.
          > > -Poetry, story telling/making.
          > > -Children is introduced to medicinal plants. Children are asked to
          find
          > > this out from their parents.
          > > -Theatre/observations workshop is conducted.
          > >
          > > - From this year we are also offering clay work, pottery as we have few
          > > electric wheels.
          > >
          > > From last year people from outside are attending the workshop. Some
          times
          > > they come for just a days visit or stay as long as they want.
          > >

          > > -I also plan to bring this out a book based on the workshops conducted
          so
          > > far. Any help is welcome for this event.

          educating in India, and those who are considering doing so. However, all
          those with a deep interest in serious education are welcome to participate.
          The list's intentions are to facilitate enquiry into fundamental educational
          questions, to learn together, to share, and to support those who are home
          educating.

          > If you have a web-based subscription, you can learn more about the
          Alternative Education in India group, and view the archives, by visiting:

          alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com

          > If you do not wish to belong to home_educating_india, you may unsubscribe
          by sending an email to:

          > There are associated web pages at:
          > www.alternativeeducationindia.net
          >
          > Here you can if you wish add yourself to the local contact groups data
          base, which is to enable members of the group to make personal contact with
          others who live nearby.