Re: [alt-ed-india] National event

  • Camilla Conti
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2012
      Great idea! We shall think about it nicely.

      And, I would suggest: let children of different ages be allowed to participate.
      It might be little messy, but will be very significant for our kids: they'll also get feedback about their experience and meet many others sharing their homeschooling experience.

      Regards,

      Camilla

      On 19 May 2012 17:20, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,
      Since there is talk about a forming a national event and other
      such formalisation, I wonder what people think about conducting country
      wide gathering/conference/event where all the families who are
      interested in "alternate education" could meet.

      I don't have any concrete ideas but I've done this kind of thing
      in tech. circles and seeing people face to face rather than just over a
      website/mailing list really changes things.

      Opinions?

      --
      Cordially,
      Noufal

    • adi r
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 3, 2012
        Dear Noufal,
        We have been trying to work on the similar lines with learning net.
        Here are our thoughts - we met in March, we plan to meet again in June/ July and take it forward.

        Here are the details - let us explore more. I like the idea of involving kids.

        We are initiating a get together for people / organisations in alt education, home schooling, unschooling, any form of education, to come meet and network in Bangalore Karnataka.

        When - Saturday, date yet to decide - june. july
        Where â€" Geniekids, Indiranagar, No 3023, 8th Cross, 13th Main (NPS road), HAL 2nd Stage, Bangalore 560008.
        Time â€" 11 to 2pm

        The need - We all in our different ways working with ourselves and children on creating effective learning environment. We all have broadly the same goal, only different paths. We would all benefit from learning from each other, supporting each other.

        Why in Bangalore, Karnataka â€" Well this is just a start. This meet is is open for all. Others are welcome to try it in your own city. Also we would like to meet frequently (say every quarter) so regional meeting will be easy on logistics. We also foresee other cities hosting similar learn-together events in future.

        We can also have yearly national conferences as Learningnet has been organizing earlier. These will be announced at a later date.

        Tentative Agendaâ€" Together make agenda, working of the group as per the needs.