Re: Hi Everyone

  • siddartha
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7, 2012
      Hello Meena - This montessori school you mention sounds good. Where is it?

      With respect
      Siddartha
      --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, Meena Iyer <meenaiyerji@...> wrote:

      > Hello Prabha,
      >
      > I have twin sons and only one of them used to say the same thing at her age. Everyday we had this drama where he will ask me 'Why I have to go to school?', 'Why do I have to learn' and so on. And he sometimes claimed that he knew everything. But once he was in the school he was happy. And they were going to a Montessori school which was run in an elderly lady's home which was like a second home to us. There was no pressure to do anything and the kids were left alone if they did not want to do anything.
      >
      > So my guess is that this might be a passing phase. I am sure you must have asked her what activities will make the school more interesting or what is about the school she finds it boring. Maybe she does not like to get up early and go to school. My children want to play with their toys after they wake up and I am sure most children are like that.
      >
      > meena
      >
      > pnr762004 <pnr762004@...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > My name is Prabha and i have a cheerful and superactive daughter named
      > NITIKA who is 4 years old.
      > She is in kindergarten in a school in Vashi.We stay at Chembur ( a
      > suburb in Mumbai) and even though we had the choice of admitting her
      > to an ICSE school nearby ,we chose this school since outwardly i
      > found the entire atmosphere in her present school very condusive to
      > making Nitika's experience of schooling a happy one.
      > Its been 3 months since the term has started and i still find that i
      > am stressed out every morning thinking how she will cope as Nitika's
      > take on the school is "It is Boring"."Why do i need to go to school
      > everyday?".
      > Guys I need to know whether it is me or I am actually overthinking the
      > whole education thingie???
      >
      > HELP!!!
      > Prabha
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Got a little couch potato?

    • Hema
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2012
        Hi Siddhartha,

        This is neither here nor there, but I'm in Chembur and we homeschool our two children. So if you would like to discuss that, please feel free to call.

        Hema Sah
        022-25203151
      • Meena Iyer
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2012
          Hello Siddartha,

          It is located in Jayanagar IV T Block. The contact # is 22446008 and the lady's name is Mrs. Vedavalli.

          Hope it works for you.

          Meena

          On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM, siddartha <siddartha@...> wrote:

          Hello Meena - This montessori school you mention sounds good. Where is it?

          With respect
          Siddartha
          --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, Meena Iyer <meenaiyerji@...> wrote:

          > Hello Prabha,
          >
          > I have twin sons and only one of them used to say the same thing at her age. Everyday we had this drama where he will ask me 'Why I have to go to school?', 'Why do I have to learn' and so on. And he sometimes claimed that he knew everything. But once he was in the school he was happy. And they were going to a Montessori school which was run in an elderly lady's home which was like a second home to us. There was no pressure to do anything and the kids were left alone if they did not want to do anything.
          >
          > So my guess is that this might be a passing phase. I am sure you must have asked her what activities will make the school more interesting or what is about the school she finds it boring. Maybe she does not like to get up early and go to school. My children want to play with their toys after they wake up and I am sure most children are like that.
          >
          > meena
          >
          > pnr762004 <pnr762004@...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > My name is Prabha and i have a cheerful and superactive daughter named
          > NITIKA who is 4 years old.
          > She is in kindergarten in a school in Vashi.We stay at Chembur ( a
          > suburb in Mumbai) and even though we had the choice of admitting her
          > to an ICSE school nearby ,we chose this school since outwardly i
          > found the entire atmosphere in her present school very condusive to
          > making Nitika's experience of schooling a happy one.
          > Its been 3 months since the term has started and i still find that i
          > am stressed out every morning thinking how she will cope as Nitika's
          > take on the school is "It is Boring"."Why do i need to go to school
          > everyday?".
          > Guys I need to know whether it is me or I am actually overthinking the
          > whole education thingie???
          >
          > HELP!!!
          > Prabha
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Got a little couch potato?

        • Siddartha Sikdar
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2012
            Thankyou Meena - Unfortunately I am not in Bangalore.

            On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Meena Iyer <meenaiyerji@...> wrote:

            Hello Siddartha,

            It is located in Jayanagar IV T Block. The contact # is 22446008 and the lady's name is Mrs. Vedavalli.

            Hope it works for you.

            Meena

            On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:58 PM, siddartha <siddartha@...> wrote:

            Hello Meena - This montessori school you mention sounds good. Where is it?

            With respect
            Siddartha
            --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, Meena Iyer <meenaiyerji@...> wrote:

            > Hello Prabha,
            >
            > I have twin sons and only one of them used to say the same thing at her age. Everyday we had this drama where he will ask me 'Why I have to go to school?', 'Why do I have to learn' and so on. And he sometimes claimed that he knew everything. But once he was in the school he was happy. And they were going to a Montessori school which was run in an elderly lady's home which was like a second home to us. There was no pressure to do anything and the kids were left alone if they did not want to do anything.
            >
            > So my guess is that this might be a passing phase. I am sure you must have asked her what activities will make the school more interesting or what is about the school she finds it boring. Maybe she does not like to get up early and go to school. My children want to play with their toys after they wake up and I am sure most children are like that.
            >
            > meena
            >
            > pnr762004 <pnr762004@...> wrote:
            > Hi
            >
            > My name is Prabha and i have a cheerful and superactive daughter named
            > NITIKA who is 4 years old.
            > She is in kindergarten in a school in Vashi.We stay at Chembur ( a
            > suburb in Mumbai) and even though we had the choice of admitting her
            > to an ICSE school nearby ,we chose this school since outwardly i
            > found the entire atmosphere in her present school very condusive to
            > making Nitika's experience of schooling a happy one.
            > Its been 3 months since the term has started and i still find that i
            > am stressed out every morning thinking how she will cope as Nitika's
            > take on the school is "It is Boring"."Why do i need to go to school
            > everyday?".
            > Guys I need to know whether it is me or I am actually overthinking the
            > whole education thingie???
            >
            > HELP!!!
            > Prabha

            > Got a little couch potato?

          • lotus
            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2012
              Hi Prabha -

              I had the same question as Nitika - does she need to go every day?

              Perhaps she might enjoy it once a week instead?

              all the best,
              Aravinda