Re: need some guidance...please...

  • lotus
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2012
      According to RTE act, the schools cannot deny admission. Regardless of prior school attendance, a child between 6-14 must be admitted.

      RTE Act reads:

      "No school or person shall, while admitting a child, collect any capitation fee and subject the child or his or her parents or guardians to any screening procedure"

      Of course as a homeschooling parent you would not seek admission without seeing that your kids were prepared for it, but I don't see any official requirement of annual exams or transcripts as part of this preparation.

      This is not to say that schools are not denying admission - daily we see headlines about this, but these cases of admission-denial are being reported in the newspapers as a violation of the RTE act.

      I think that for people who are in a position to enroll today, it should be possible to enroll after a few years as well.

      Note: this is what I understand from what I read in the papers. YMMV.