'NIOS Delhi office says ...'

  • Nagesh Kolagani
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2012
      Dear everyone.

      This mail I sent yesterday did not seem t get posted - So resending ...

      As I came to Delhi, II went to the NIOS and CBSE offices.

      NIOS says that their 10th exam will stay. They have had a OBE (Open Basic
      Education) scheme of exams in classes 3rd, 5th and 8th. That they said
      is valid for this year, but post RTE they may reconsider it after next
      year.

      They have three centres that are supposed to conduct OBE in Chennai -
      but they seem to be regular schools, attached to he NIOS boards. And
      seem to want 'joining their school' as a requirement for routeing the
      exam application.

      1 Does anyone know if taking the NIOS 8th exam is possible for a
      private candidate ? Any Chennai centres ?

      2 In 10th, how does one take the exam as a private candidate ? Does
      the centre demand that the student joins the centre/school ? Do they
      provide proper labs for science ?

      If anyone with experiance can clarify, I'll be grateful.

      CBSE has a concept of private candidates restricted to 'Delhi women',
      and for the non science stream.

      Aparna