The new website of 'Stop Manufacturing Us!'

  • rAGAv
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hello dear fellow members of alt-ed-india,

      I'm thrilled to announce that after 2 months of toiling research and after passing through multiple frustrated teams of techies who couldn't deliver to the specifications of the website we needed, we've finally managed to create the new website for our online journal on Education - 'Stop Manufacturing Us!' - www.stopmanufacturingus.com

      Some of you may remember complaining about the poor design of our old website. I'm utmost certain that the new website will meet all your satisfactions! Just so that you understand how big a move this is from our old blog-based website, let me tell you the features we've added. The new website has a fully functional discussion forum which has a separate category for alternate education (I apologize if this seems like hijacking alt-ed-india's members). The forum is something which I'm sure almost all of you would appreciate since it can both be visited directly at the site and also subscribed for new posts through email and RSS. Besides the interactiveness that the discussion forum offers, we have chat rooms specially dedicated for education based discussion where members can quickly participate in discussion and debate without investing too much time or effort.

      But of course the main attraction the new site is the fact that we'll be publishing intensely researched articles about pressing issues that the education culture, primarily in India, faces. Since we're completely organized by students and don't have the revenue to support professional writers/journalists, we request all capable members with the enthusiasm for the cause to participate in writing for our journal. Of course the content will be edited by our editors before publication on our site. But the fact remains that our organization is open for anyone to participate actively in. All you have to do is contact us at smu@... with a brief self-introduction and how you would like to contribute. More details on the ways of contributing to our community will be in the website to be unveiled. Be sure to check out the pages 'The Pipeline' (contains the list of pending  research and investigation projects on pressing matters) and 'SMU! Reserach Factsheet' (contains a list of questions for which anyone can provide answers supported by academically credible sources) Both of these pages exist so that we can promote knowledge of the intricate insights that we need to subtly attack the issues that we face in the path of bringing about a revolution in education.

      The public unveiling of the website is today, Oct 2nd at 12PM IST. Please make our efforts count by visiting our site at www.stopmanufacturingus.com and registering yourself as a member and participating in our facilities so that collectively we can bring life to this important initiative.

      Ragav,
      Executive Editor,
      Stop Manufacturing Us! (aka SMU!)

    • smita rao
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
        Hi,

        The new website is inviting with all the xtra features. Hope students and
        others will use it to vent their anger against the system and to build their life
        constructively.

        sr