Re: Indian Homeschooling Association Yahoo Group Formed!!

  • cvallepalli
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
      Yes, Clive, the hope is that the new yahoo group can evolve into an official homeschooling organization.

      As there is no such organization at this time, it seemed like a logical first step to create a place for that conversation to happen with those people who potentially would be most interested in such an association. As you pointed out - it was stated that it was for homeschoolers and supporters of homeschooling. The point of moving off the alt-ed site was to avoid swamping this site with discussions regarding the specific needs of homeschoolers and the formation of a homeschooling association.

      In order for an association to develop more organically (as opposed to someone just creating it and hoping people join) I thought it would be best to let homechoolers discuss what such an association would look like, what it would work towards, how it would function. I thought it would be important for homeschoolers to discuss what they feel they need from such an association.

      That is why my previous post on this site stated that the group was for those interested in "moving towards creating a national organization." I see it as a process and this being the first, baby, step.

      I hope that clears things up. That all seemed a bit much to put on the introductory message to the site.

      - Cammie

      --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, "Clive Elwell" <clive.elwell@...> wrote:

      > I have just joined this group. But I am confused by the message on the group site, which says:
      >
      > "A group for families in India who are homeschooling, people interested in homeschooling, and supporters of homeschooling."
      >
      > But I was under the impression, from earlier mail on the alt-ed group, that the purpose of this new group was to create an official Homeschooling Association of India - one that could act as a pressure group, a lobby and try and influence government policy on home-schooling in India. The message above does not suggest this. Can you clarify?
      >
      > quoting from a mail on the 29th:
      > "For all those interested in moving towards creating a national organization of homeschoolers, please check out the new yahoo group for Indian Homeschooling Association. Hopefully we can have some fruitful conversations there and move forward towards protecting homeschooling rights in India."
      >
      > Clive

    • cvallepalli
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
        I have changed the description in the other group now. I hope that now that it is a bit more specific it is clearer.

        - Cammie