Re: [alt-ed-india] Index cards

  • svani
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2009
      Hi,
      It is much cheaper here and easily available. May be there needs an association of sorts to purchase bulk orders for homeschooling families and distribute at a reasonable price????Something like this is homeschool buyers coop here? http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/ I realize there aren't a large number of families, but may be tie in with other kind of schoolers too?
      Or multiple families can order together from Staples or Officemax USA. Or you can even check the dollar stores. I was told that they ship internationally if you call and order multiple orders...
      Just a few thoughts...
      Svani

    • Aravind Venkataraman
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2009
        Hi,
        Last year I got some from higginbothams chennai.
        I will check out and get back
        regards
        Aravind

        --
        Normal is boring
        Everybody is ignorant ...............   of something
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2009
          Hi Flower
          Thease are easily available in any stationery store in Mumbai.They are called file separator cards and are available in different colors too!!! Infact i made all my word flash cards with these...

          Regards

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2009
            Have you tried William Penn, Koramangala?
            Shops which sell Montessori stuff might also have it.

            I've been trying to locate index cards or note cards. They are 3 x 5 blank (sometimes lined) white, cardstock cards sold in packs of about 100. You can make flashcards out of them. I have tried Staples and TOTAL but haven't been able to find. I am tired of cutting out posterboard to make flashcards.. .plus i can't get them all the same size:) If you have seen them around can you please let me know. Or if you have another suggestion. Thank you!

          • Bayjool Desai
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16, 2009
              how about trying wedding card printers/dealers of papers?
              I know the ones in Bombay/Mumbai stock them.
              if you want, they can post/courier the cards to you.