up and running

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001

      The web site at http://alt-ed-india.aardvarkglobal.com/index.html is now up and running. I wouldn't say it was complete; work can continue in an ongoing sort of way, in various directions. More information can be gathered and presented, more links found. I really want to emphasise that this is not a one-man affair, I hope very much that others will participate and help in its development.

      I hope people are not put off by the newness of it all; by the fact that there are hardly any people who have joined the list yet, hardly anyone in the database. These are very early days. The web site is still not listed by any search engines. In any case, I do not think we should be concerned with mere numbers. I don't think about significant change in the world has ever been brought about by mass movements - people may disagree.

      I think what is important is to ask ourselves if we are serious in an attempt to bring about a change in education. And in ourselves. If our actions are right, they will have their own effect, not to be judged by mere numbers.

      Clive Elwell

      List Moderator