Book Available: Learning the Heart Way

  • nagini prasad
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      A while ago a friend had sent information about her book which I had
      forwarded to this and other groups and friends. Some people wrote and
      said they had trouble sourcing the book (it is published by Other
      India Press, Goa). I now have about 10 copies with me in Bangalore
      (south). If those folks who were interested, could please write to me
      again *directly* at write2nagini@... with your address and phone
      number, I can courier the book to you via Professional Couriers. The
      cost of the book is Rs. 150/- and this amount could be sent via cheque
      to me as I will pay Samyuktha (the author) or Other India Press (I am
      yet to find out who) for the books. Apologies for cross postings, as
      many of us subscribe to more than one of the same e-groups!

      Below is a short description of the story, by the author:

      "After finishing 12th class in school, like many of us, I was not sure
      what I should study further - what would interest me, what would make
      a good career and most importantly what I would really love to do.
      Thanks to my supporting parents, I decided to opt out of going to
      regular college and explore my interests in subjects which I thought I
      was good at and enjoyed. What started off as a ' 1 year-off'
      exploration turned into 3 yrs and opened me into an exciting world of
      learning where I apprenticed under various teachers, earned a
      college-degree through correspondence, and learnt so many things about
      myself. It is this exciting journey in higher education learning that
      I share in this book. It is to say to all youngsters and their
      parents, that going to college need not be the only way to get
      educated. There could be many other interesting ways in which you can
      independently and systematically discover and work towards a
      meaningful, exciting, fulfilling career in ways that are interesting
      and worthwhile."

      ~nagini

      --
      Ecology is permanent economy - Sunderlal Bahuguna
    • Lalita
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
        Hi

        Could you also say the Subjects in which the author graduated?

        I am really keen to know what options one could have to achieve something like this; with Science subjects which have a component of hands-on work on 'practicals'.

        Thanks
        Lalita

        2009/3/1 nagini prasad <write2nagini@...>

[...]

      • aparna pallavi
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2009
          Hi Nagini,

          I would like a copy if you still have one left. My address is:

          Aparna Pallavi
          MF 1, Pranav Apts
          Plot No 130, Gokulpeth
          Nagpur -- 440010

          Warm regards,

          Aparna

          again *directly* at write2nagini@ gmail.com with your address and phone
[...]

          Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0! Click here.