A New Education Forum

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2004
      A New Internet Forum on Education

      I would like to draw your attention to a global internet forum that has recently been initiated, with a focus on education. This is under the auspices of Kinfonet (The Krishnamurti Information Network) and details can be found on the webpage: http://www.kinfonet.org/discussion_forums/ .

      I feel this venture has significance in facilitating communication among those deeply concerned with the part education has to play in bringing about fundamental change in the individual and society. Although the forum should be of interest to those already concerned with Krishnamurti's words, I feel it might be helpful to those working in conventional education, at the Universities and colleges of Education, and Home-educators.

      Here is a brief formal introduction to the forum.

      Clive Elwell

      The Kinfonet Internet Education Forum

      A global internet forum with its focus on education has recently been initiated. This is under the auspices of Kinfonet (The Krishnamurti Information Network) and details can be found on the webpage: http://www.kinfonet.org/discussion_forums/ .

      The education forum is a venue for those concerned with the possibility of bringing about fundamental change in the individual and so in society. As with all the Kinfonet forums, enquiry is the key.

      In addition to those involved in Krishnamurti-related education, contributions are welcome from teachers, academics, parents, students and anyone concerned with the education of the whole human being.

      Apart from dialogue, the forum can be used for posting articles, classifieds, and information about schools, gatherings, new projects, and the like.

      The following statement by Krishnamurti reflects the intended spirit of the forum:

      "Authority, as 'the one who knows', has no place in learning. The educator and the student are learning together"