Exploring & Understanding Alternate educati

  • Geniekids
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2009
      HI Meeta
      Definitely we will try to document the session.

      All Friends
      We know people cannot come from different cities but you can post your thoughts and we can read in the seminar. Specially people who have gone through Alternative Education. Specially parents who choose alt education.
      The fear is "what in the higher classes"?
      So if the people who have passed higher classes can share the experience with others.

      Warm Regards
      Aditi & Ratnesh
      Geniekids Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd
      We plan to have a Panel Discussion on
      "Exploring & Understanding Alternate education"
      on Saturday 7th March, 10:30 to 12:30pm.

      The need: - The current education system been around for many years and makes an impression in people's mind that it is SAFE. Although most of us agree that current system has many issues and many children are suffer in differetn ways, yet, we as parents are not taking steps to look for an alternative.
      Parents are unaware of aspects of alternate education - they say "we have no alternate" we have to send our kids INTO same education system. Not for the parents but for their kids - Geniekids plan to invite people who are working in the field of Alternate education.

      Parents ask the questions "does the Alternate education help my child in  better education" - NO matter how much we say - it makes more impact when the people who have experienced the different system talk about it.
      We mean - the parents, children, educators - who are working and experiencing the alternate education.

      The plan - You as educator, parents, or the child get 10 minutes to talk about your experience of Alternate education. You can make a presentation about your school or teaching method.

      We would have a maximum five presenters.
      After all the presentations, the five presenters will form a panel - and the panel will answer question fielded by the audience. We have Q & A session for an hour.
      Venue - Geniekids Learning Centre, Indira Nagar, Bangalore

      This is a very INFORMAL get together

      let us know if you would be interested to participate as a presenter.

    • shashi.pkumar@wipro.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009

        (Apologies if this is a repeat)

        Very good talk on creativity kids and schools by Ken Robinson…

         http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

        For those who can’t view online… download offline (you might need a VLC Player)

        http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/download/video/5305/talk/66