Re: [alt-ed-india] Kerala textbook controversy

  • Aravind Venkataraman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi,
      There was an an aricle in the hindu with the full extract of the lesson.
      let me see if i can trace it.
      The point of contention was, If I recall rightly, the last few lines.
      The parents are asked to what religion the boy will be when he grows
      up. and they reply, whatever he chooses to if he wants to.

      regards
      Aravind

      On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Mathew <ashokhosp@...> wrote:
      > Recently there has been a big controversy over a lesson in a textbook
      > in Kerala. Apparently it mentioned a boy being brought up by parents
      > [one muslim and one hindu by name] without any label of any religion
      > attached to the child.
      > Have any of you members in alt-ed any idea about it?

    • aparna pallavi
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hi,

        Can you please send more details?

        Aparna

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
          Hi,
          Check this links
          discussions and jpgs of the malayalam pages and transcripts are there
          http://www.keralatips.org/2008/06/25/seventh-standard-textbook-controversy-in-kerala/
          You might also like to read
          http://communalism.blogspot.com/2008/07/kerala-textbook-controversy.html and
          http://www.keralatips.org/2008/06/26/more-on-the-seventh-standard-textbook/
          for more on the topic
          regards

          On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 5:50 AM, aparna pallavi
          <aparna_pallavi@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Can you please send more details?
          >
          > Aparna

        • Meeta Arora
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2008
            Hi all

            I had read this Book controvery issue on India Together web page. Sending u the article. I hope u find it useful.

            Regards
            Meeta

            <aparna_pallavi@ yahoo.co. in> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Can you please send more details?
            >
            > Aparna

            Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.