Re: [alt-ed-india] Re: renewable energy

  • Nandan Shastri
    Message 1 of 63 , Jun 1, 2008

      Dear friends,

      To add to Manju's list, solar refrigerators are also available in India.In Western India, Sardar Patel University is situated in Vallabh Vidyanagar city.One of the recognized insitutes by the University is Sardar Patel Renewable Energy Research Institute.For more information, go to the site:www.spreri.org

      I've been working as the Curator of University Museum in this University since past 30 years.I always recommend the  visitors of our Museum to visit this Institute(SPRERI),too.I'm reproducing below some of the recent developments of this Institue:

                                                                                Home ] [ Site Map ] [ Feed Back ] [ Contact Us ] [ Career ]

      Recent developments

      1. Roof integrated unglazed solar air heater in which the roof serves as  a flat plate collector

      2. Tunnel dryer with UV stabilized plastic sheet as cover and SPV power unit with DC fans to maintain air flow.

      3. Solar refrigerator with DC compressor, to store medicine, vaccines and other materials requiring low temperature storage.

      4. Thermophilic bio-conversion systems to produce fuel gas and compost from leafy crop residues at high solid content.

      5. Mesophilic bio-conversion systems to produce fuel gas and compost from dry and green crop residues at high solid content.

      6. Biphasic systems to convert vegetable market waste into fuel gas and compost.

      7. Modular design of throat type down draft biomass gasifier in the capacity range of 3,00,000 to 15,00,000 kCl/hr or 125 to 625 kW power at 70% replacement of diesel by producer gas in dual fuel mode of operation of diesel gen-set.

      8. Open core down draft biomass gasifiers in the capacity range fo 75,000 to 10,00,000 kCl/hr.

      9. Wet packed scrubbers and dry organic filters for producer gas quality improvement.

                                 Home ] [ Up ] [ Site Map ] [ Feed Back ] [ Contact Us ] [ Career ]

                     Send mail to webmaster@... with questions or comments about this web site.
                                       Copyright © 2005 SPRERI    Updated on : Aug 18, 2005

      Annual Report
      Feed Back
      Contact Us
      Origin & Mission
      Goals & Objectives
      Governing Body

      Message 63 of 63 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi all,

        First post for me. Just jumping in as this post tugs at my own experiences as I journey through life.
        As human I must first purify myself through actions and deeds and in so doing my thoughts, speech and intentions become like the other wheels that push forth my personal journey towards that eternal.
        The spirit self slowly filters through each of my consciousness domains from life to life. Each birth (if u believe in reincarnation) takes me from gross to a subtler self. The journey then is about that. Life's trials, tribulations and joys are each like lollies in a jar - attracting me to evolve one small step at a time. I fall, get up, give up, start again, more often than not repeat a class.
        The award with each little success is only that life seems more beautiful not because one wants more but because one realizes that 'the paraphernalia that supports living in each era or generation is ever changing - never permanent - only tools of support, as are the circumstances, relationships, sorrow, loss, gain, success and joy.
        My life as this person is supporting my journey. Without my so called 'life' I would have no vehicle to journey towards that ultimate goal to become one with the cosmic spirit or what ever else you wish to call it.
        Destiny and destined are two different things - the latter ordained whilst the former awaiting to be shaped. That which is ordained begs for me to rise to its challenges through the 'person I already am', whilst that which is yet to be, sets me free to 'become who I can'.
        I have a long way to go - so I'll laugh a little, cry a little and complain a whole lot - but I know I am homeward bound.