Re: news item on yahoo

  • manju3261
    Message 1 of 63 , May 31, 2008
      Svani,

      Have you guys too converted to all-solar? Is it possible given the
      state of the technology?

      I was searching for solar devices but found only water-heaters,
      emergency lamps & solar cookers...Seemed to me if there was available
      some kind of solar-chargeable UPS /inverter it would be a really
      useful thing to have.

      If you have information about solar or other energy sources esp.
      devices which are in the market would you please share with us?

      WIsh people in India too would become "survivalists" if it got them
      to take these kind of steps ...except buying guns possibly :-) Wonder
      why there seems to be so less awareness here about this issue?
    • k d
      Message 63 of 63 , Mar 26, 2013
        Hi all,

        First post for me. Just jumping in as this post tugs at my own experiences as I journey through life.
        As human I must first purify myself through actions and deeds and in so doing my thoughts, speech and intentions become like the other wheels that push forth my personal journey towards that eternal.
        The spirit self slowly filters through each of my consciousness domains from life to life. Each birth (if u believe in reincarnation) takes me from gross to a subtler self. The journey then is about that. Life's trials, tribulations and joys are each like lollies in a jar - attracting me to evolve one small step at a time. I fall, get up, give up, start again, more often than not repeat a class.
        The award with each little success is only that life seems more beautiful not because one wants more but because one realizes that 'the paraphernalia that supports living in each era or generation is ever changing - never permanent - only tools of support, as are the circumstances, relationships, sorrow, loss, gain, success and joy.
        My life as this person is supporting my journey. Without my so called 'life' I would have no vehicle to journey towards that ultimate goal to become one with the cosmic spirit or what ever else you wish to call it.
        Destiny and destined are two different things - the latter ordained whilst the former awaiting to be shaped. That which is ordained begs for me to rise to its challenges through the 'person I already am', whilst that which is yet to be, sets me free to 'become who I can'.
        I have a long way to go - so I'll laugh a little, cry a little and complain a whole lot - but I know I am homeward bound.

        kanika