Re: [alt-ed-india] Seeking suggestions...

  • monisha asnani
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008

      Dear friends,

      can the group explore for more suggestions! some of these are great and they could even be followed up on a personal level. i would like to forward these to my list of friends who may like to do something or take up something.
      i feel very concerned abt the environment.
      i think we just have 10 years to do something and we must do something in a very big way.
      even then it may not be enuff but al least we wud have tried!

      Thanks
      Monisha

      On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 Hema A.Bharadwaj wrote :

      >I love that dialogue in "Golmal" where Amol Palekar has to play a twin
      >role... and he wears fancy 70s clothing as one of the twins and as the other
      >he sports khadi kurtas that are way too short for him... then when asked
      >about the short-smallish-clothing by his interviewing boss.... he says that
      >his father told him that one must only use the amount of cloth required to
      >cover the body adn not more... enough to keep one's self decent and warm
      >etc.  He says it hilariously in "ati shuddh hindi".... in order to please
      >the eccentric boss and get the job.  Funny Hrishikesh Mukherjee film.
      >
      >I think that would make a great comment on being enviro friendly adn yet
      >fashion concious too... as kurtis (teh short kurtas are so in style these
      >days"  LOL  less fabric, less money, less footprint on earth.
      >
      >best, hema
      >

      >On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Ramjee Gmail <ramjee.n@...> wrote:
      >
      > >    Dear Friends,
      > > *
      > > Vanakkam!** *Greetings from Tamil Nadu, India.
      > > I've been invited to address a Under graduate Students of Fashion Design
      > > on observing the World Environment Day on June 5 2008. The UN theme for
      > > the year being "Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy".
      > >
      > > May I look forward to hearing your suggestions, ideas and activities that
      > > these students can take up.
      > >
      > > Thank you.
      > >
      > > With kind regards,
      > >
      > > N. Ramjee