RE: [alt-ed-india] Need contact

  • Sangita Vasuraj
    Message 1 of 42 , Apr 11, 2008
    • aparna pallavi
      Message 42 of 42 , Apr 19, 2008
        I have been listening to this a while. Hema and Nisha, I too can empathise with this gym / yoga business. But I suppose in this particular case, motivation is often lost not due to the fact that we do not like what we are doing but because of other reasons -- especially time management, lifestyle and so on. I was a yoga freak in my teens and early 20s -- I actually taught it to myself with the help of a book and cured myself of two serious medical problems with its help. But things are now so strange and I can't find a way to understand it. I start a yoga regime, really enjoy the exercise and its benefits for a month, two months, and then things go back to square one for several months. If one day I get up late, I lose my yoga time, and if it happens successively for several days, it is gone.

        I suppose if I could just grit my teeth and keep going -- with adults, more than with children, it is necessary to do that -- and just not let things lapse, I feel I might one day reach a time when it will become second nature to me. Is motivation also about -- in adults I mean -- about identifying what is important and sticking to it through your own disinclination?

        Aparna

        And another thing I find very tiring

        Nisha Bora <nishabora@...> wrote:
        Hema, I understand exactly what you mean about yoga.
        That is exactly my story, except it's the gym.
        Sometimes it's so frustrating to be able to see
        yourself and yet be so trapped within the limitations
        of your own mind... you yearn to free yourself and
        then keep pushing yourself down; what a powerful gift
        for a child, freedom. But then, unless I can be free
        myself, I wonder what interpretation of freedom I am
        beaming out to mine....

        http://joyfullyrejo ycing.com/ unschooling/ unschoolingphilo sophy.html
        > ?
        > > Worth perusing. Also www.sandradodd. com.
        > >
        > > We were homeschoolers until recently. We have
        > switched over to
        > > unschooling/ life-learning as a way of
        > life/education etc. Our home
        > is now
        > > more harmonious, fun to be in and presents
        > constant learning for all
        > of us.
        > > Although the difference between work, play and
        > learning is all a bit
        > blurred
        > > now.... which is awesome. So motivation is there
        > all the time for
        > things
        > > that we want to learn/play with etc.
        > >
        > > I think this makes more sense when you read these
        > sites as these
        > women are
        > > far better writers and are more experienced on
        > this path than I am.
        > >
        > > good luck,
        > > Hema
        > >

        > > On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM, aparna pallavi
        > <aparna_pallavi@ ...>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hi everyone,
        > > >
        > > > I am quoting this from Sangeeta's letter because
        > this point is a
        > concern
        > > > with me at the moment.
        > > >
        > > > *It needs a lot of
        > may
        > motivation
        > > > *
        > > > I have been home-schooling my daughter for two
        > years now. She
        > started when
        > > > she was eight. And I do not see much of the
        > thing that we are
        > taught to
        > > > identify as 'motivation' in her. She appears to
        > be glad to take
        > things easy.
        > > > And as Sangeeta puts it, it really takes my all
        > not to panic.
        > > >
        > > > Can we all talk a litte more about this one, and
        > share our
        > experiences?
        > > >
        > > > Aparna

        http://uk.promotion s.yahoo.com/ forgood/

        Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here