3 videos on sea turtles...

  • Ramjee Gmail
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2008
      We spend the early days of the year walking through our lives
      Dear Friends,

      Vanakkam! Greetings from Centre for Environment Education, Tamil Nadu, India.

      I've added three videos on turtles my blog site which you and your children may be interested in viewing. These include:

      1. An entertaining and educational cartoon animation video called Turtles in Trouble, by Marine Conservation Society(MCS). The humorous, 8-minute animation is for UK tourists planning holidays in the Mediterranean, but includes advice relevant to all destinations with marine turtles. Narrated by Kate Humble, the animation demonstrates how small changes to our behaviour while on holiday can make big differences to the lives of marine turtles found at tourist destinations. Please look up : http://ramjeenagarajan.blogspot.com/2008/03/turtles-in-trouble.html#links
      2. Sea Turtles and Light: A short video shot at Chennai Elliot's beach, which demonstrates how young hatchlings are attracted towards light. It could be a good educational aid for educators interested in teaching their children on the impacts of light. Please look up:  http://ramjeenagarajan.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-post.html#links
      3. Emergence of Olive Ridley: A short video shot at Chennai Elliot's beach, during a Turtle Walk which shows how young hatchlings "boil" or emerge out of their nest. this again could be used as an educational aid by educators interested in teaching their children about sea turtles. Please look up:  http://ramjeenagarajan.blogspot.com/2008/03/emergence-of-olive-ridley-turtle.html#links

      Would be happy to hear your feedback as well.

      Thank you.

      With kind regards,

      N. Ramjee