IGCSE

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2008
      Thanks for the information Vineeta.

      So does anyone have more information to add to this topic, before we summarise it on the website?

      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:23 PM
      Subject: Re: [alt-ed-india] We need help

      Hi Lalita and all,

      To register for IGCSE, you can follow two paths. One is registering through the British Council Library and the other, you can find out which are the schools in your city which are registered with CIE or Edexcel. The exams are held twice a year. once in sept/Oct and then in April/May. You can register three months prior to the month of examination. However, it helps to make all these enquiries about a year in advance so that you don't miss out on any crucial information and if there is something to be taken care of, one has enough time to do so. All the requirements you can find out either from the British Council or from the school through which your child will appear for IGCSE exams.

      IGCSE exam requires a bit of expenditure which is not so any Indian boards. I had enquired about it two years ago and found out that British council is more expensive as compared to a school registered with these agencies.

      With regards
      Vineeta.

      Lalita <lalita.sv@gmail. com> wrote:

      George,

      Please let me know the process through which we can enroll kids for this.

      Thanks
      Lalita

      On 26/02/2008, George Mangalath Thomas <gt.crossfire@ gmail.com> wrote:
      Vikram,

      I have a 14 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. They were in the 9th and 10th Std in one of Bombay's reputed ICSE schools till the 15th of August 2006, when we withdrew them for much the same reasons you speak of.

      They are now studying for the IGCSE (Cambridge) examinations and our lives have undergone a sea change. For the better.

      I have to rush out for a meeting, so I am afraid that I will have to complete this later.

      On 25/02/2008, vikramt <vikram.tuli@ gmail.com> wrote:
      Hi All,

      This is Vikram I am new to this group.

      My wife and me are in a delima.

      We have a 14 year old daughter who studies in an ICSC school in the
      8th Grade.

      2 years ago she was in the SSC format but now in ICSC as we moved
      home and could not find an appropriate school near our home.
      She is not too good with Math but is good with Physics.

      She intends to pursue to be a Chef some day. (which ofcourse she has
      the right to re-evaluate at a later date).

      We have been wanting to find a way for her to do her 10th privately
      while being at a home school. After all these years the "school
      going" process seems like a waste of time, especially when dealing
      with the egos of Teachers (who generally believe they are the
      reincarnations of Sigmund Freud or Albert Einstein).

      We are not aware if ICSC board would let our daughter appear for 10th
      Board examination privately. We are not aware of which private
      classes would enable us to do that. We could be affiliated with a
      class only so that she can apprear for the examination. Though we
      would pursue a Home school sceanario that we have worked out.

      Please reply to us as we have little time. Our daughter's exams get
      over by the 18th of March this year and we will have to decide by
      then the path that we walk.

      We seek help. Please guide us we are so confused.

      Vikram

      --
      George Mangalath Thomas
      Crossfire Films