Home schooling in Nagpur?

  • George Mangalath Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 26, 2007
      Like all good ideas, this appears to be catching on.

      Does anyone know of someone home schooling in Nagpur? I have someone who would like to try it out, but he would very much like to speak with anyone who is already doing it there, if there is such an animal. He is a little worried that the resources required may not be available.

      Thanks a million.
      --
      George Mangalath Thomas
      Crossfire Films
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 26, 2007
        We lived there few years ago, and then two American-Australian families where doing that. But, as far as I know, they don''t live there anymore. But, if you can find any Western people there, they probably homeschool.

        You can contact a association called Inheritors (Nagpur), those people do material for homeschooling families in India - but it is Christian organisation, so I don't know if you like it, but anyway they might know some other homeschooling people as well.

        Regards,

        Heidi

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
          Thank you for the information, Heidi.Will pass it on shortly.

          The seeker after information on home schooling in Nagpur should not have any problem with a Christian organisation.

          He is a priest of the Syrian Orthodox Church.

          Warm regards,

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2007
            That is nice - ask him to tell greetings to Inheritors from Monkkonens'!

            Heidi

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 30, 2007
                  Hi Aparna,

                  Organisation's  web-page is: http://www.inheritorsintl.org/
                  I didn't notice anything about home school material, but you need to contact them and ask. It may be that they don't

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 30, 2007
                    Hi Aparna,

                    The organisation's web page is: http://www.inheritorsintl.org/

                    It seems that they don't mention about home school material, but you should contact them and ask. It might be, that they don't want to advertice that for some reason.