Re: [alt-ed-india] My visit to spastics society. and some introspection.

  • Satish Natarajan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
      Dear Chetana,

      I remember this quote in the prologue of the book "The
      Eagle's Gift" by Carlos Castaneda, "...this is not a
      work of fiction. What I am describing is alien to us;
      therefore, it seems unreal".

      All we do today, the world we know and understand
      today is based on the knowledge which we have been fed
      by the educational system. For those who managed to
      be out of this system (Einstien and the likes) they
      connect to the Universal Knowledge and work at a level
      of "Intuition". For those who are still in the
      system, everything outside it is unreal.

      Any kind of analysis that we do today and any kind of
      test we do today is based on the knowledge of the
      world as we know it today. Even the description has
      to fit in that knowledge. So dont worry about what
      description is there for your child abilities
      /inabilities. If you compare it with so called normal
      kids then you need to worry. If you accept him as he
      is as a perfect creation of God or Divine, then you
      allow him to flower in his own way.

      There is this story of a Sufi mystic who was having a
      conversation with his disciple in a Cafe on the
      streets in Newyork. He told his disciple that
      everything in the world is perfect and there is
      absolutely nothing wrong with it. A handicapped (one
      legged) man sitting on the next table got up and
      walked up to him and said, "How can you claim that
      everything in the world is perfect? Look at me, can
      you see the imperfection here?" pointing at his legs.
      The saint told him, "See here is a perfect handicap,
      absolutely beautiful".

      This is the way an enlightened person sees the world.
      He does not compare it with anything else. He does
      not even compare the previous moment with the present.
      He accepts the present as perfect and accepts it
      totally. The education of today is totally useless,
      so why do we need it anyway?

      Regards
      Satish

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • iamchetana
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hi Satish

        I felt so nice to read your reply... and its true about Aniket. Its
        heartening to see these views from other people. I am really worried
        about the disservice that I am doing to Aniket bu sending him to
        school.

        The amazing things he talks and does at home.. I dont see any of
        that happening at school.. he is just a dumb boy there...

        The other day his teacher compalined that Aniket copied from another
        child's math book.. I wondered why would he copy 4 problems of
        substraction when he is good at it.. When questioned he said he was
        just making the teacher happy which ofcourse he couldnt. This also
        shows he is doubting his own capability...

        At home however its a completely different story.. The other day he
        explained me a concept of a floating dam and I thought it was his
        imagination.. however I was dumbfounded when I found this on the
        internet today ..
        http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/1284931.html?
        page=1

        So life goes on .. Im sure things will be better one day when I will
        be able to afford to stop working and homeschool him..

        Anyway thanks to this group where all of you are so open to the
        whole idea!

        Chetana