Moving to India

  • siva16ram
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      We are new to this E-group, so firstly, thank you for taking the
      leap into homeschooloing and sharing your experiences here. Some of
      the message have been inspiring to say the least, and has helped
      give us the confidence to take this journey with our 8yr old son.

      We are at present living in Sydney, Australia, and intend to move to
      India shortly. We intend to move to Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu in the
      near future (by July/Aug this year). We felt that at this stage we
      want to follow the British curriculum.

      I have some initial questions that I hope you can help me with...

      1) Where can I find information about what competances are required
      to guide us in homeschooling him?

      2) Where are good sources of printed (available in India) and web
      material to augment his learning?

      3) Looking 5-8 yrs down, we want to be sure that by taking this
      step, we do not limit his access to higher studies, be it University
      or something, if we decide to make India our permenant home. Can any
      one advise us on what options are available.

      Thank you very much & warmest regards,

      Sivaram & Priya