Centre for Learning

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005

      Hi Bharat,

      If I may suggest, check out The Centre for Learning, which has its campus 40 km outsideBangalore . I think  it will meet many of your needs.

      The basic inspiration for the school comes from the educational work of J Krishnamurti, although it is not under the Krishnamurti Foundation of India . The core group of staff originally worked at the Valley school.

      I appreciate all of what you have to say about education. Although I have basically home educated for many years, twice I have joined schools with my children, including for a year at CFL. I venture to say your participation will be welcome there.

      Check out their website at http://cfl.in/AboutCFL.htm

      As for the Montessori (not Montessory) system, you will find many schools in India claiming to be inspired by Maria Montessori, but beware, they may not be genuine. It should be easy to find information on the net or in a bookshop.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005
        I totally agree to Clive in this. CFL is an excellent place, and the educators there are definitely far away and above what many people blame on "professional educators" and "Schools"
        Cheers,
        ramjee