Greetings from School-Without-Walls

  • School Without Walls
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013

      Dear Friend,

      This year at “School-Without-Walls” we have underprivileged dropout students of age 14-25 from various locations of India. These are the students who were tagged as slow learners and vagabond by the formal education system. We have integrated with voluntary organisations counselling underprivileged students identified on the Mumbai railway platforms.

      Syamantak campus is situated on a terrain which makes complex location for transportation, creating difficulties in transportation, loading and off-loading material. Mr. Vinayak Nabar (alumni IITB, IITK) has artistically designed a RAMP that will facilitate us in above mentioned difficulty. Besides the ramp Mr.Nabar’s creative architecture planning will allocate extra space for “Food lab” at the RAMP’s substructure.

      This year, we'd like to see if we can raise the funds needed to support our program (about Rs. 5, 00,000) in a different way than usual - usually extensive community services. It is our conclusion that modest contributions from our friends are sufficient to support the real life education. Hence we are seeking the support of 1000 of you, to make this possible.

      All we need is a contribution of Rs 500 from 1,000 citizens (ideally, please make contributions by cheque in favour of SYAMANTAK or write to us for instructions to make a NEFT/Net Banking transfer).

      If you are willing to support the Syamantak initiative, enter your details here. You can make the payment direct to Syamantak Bank account later. This is only meant to keep track of the support forthcoming for the "1000x500" fund raising. Moreover, as a token of our appreciation we would like to send our supported a box of Jackfruit Chocolates. Please click on the below mentioned link to enter your details

       https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QUS5ui03CTNEiPcW2Cdsh6GkClkCx7iWWQ63t-xazLY/viewform

       For more details on fundraising please check

      https://smore.com/q0y8

      Sincerely yours,
      Sachin Desai,

      Syamantak,