8466Re: Growing Up in a Multi-Cultural Learning Environment

  • adiyendasi
    Jul 5, 2011
      You're very welcome Rashmie. I have no doubt you will enjoy and appreciate this book very much.

      I was suggesting to someone in India about this book, now I will forward that flipkart link to them. Thanks for sharing.

      Warmly,
      Padma

      --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, Rashmie Jaaju <rashmiejaaju@...> wrote:

      > Padma,
      > Thank you for this book recommendation. And, yes, you are so right - it
      > definitely is important to plant the seed of Universal Brotherhood early on.
      > Books, music, interaction, post card exchange, museum visits - there are
      > some meaningfulness (and fun, and interesting) ways to embrace this idea...
      >
      > I looked up for this book on flipkart and it's available. I'm going to order
      > it right away.
      >
      > http://www.flipkart.com/books/1406323373?_l=CJHVEqJO3veuHytbACc9dw--&_r=Cw5QEWWQKmNKMlbS3A_iHw--&ref=86800fed-ff30-47a8-a735-03da0c2958a8&pid=0nx3flft1d
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Rashmie
      > http://mommylabs.gorgeouskarma.com
      > http://blog.gorgeouskarma.com
      >
      > On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM, adiyendasi <prt108.cj@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > In May my husband bought God's Dream by Archbishop Desmond Tutu for our
      > > kids and already this was the pick for two birthday presents in June.
      > >
      > > I would highly recommend this book to any parent/teacher to read to
      > > children under their care. There was a lump in my throat as I read it to my
      > > children, it really is a very sweet book advocating Universal Brotherhood. I
      > > think it is important for children to get that idea very early. The
      > > illustrations in the book are very beautiful.
      > >
      > > Here is a link to God's Dream -
      > >
      > > http://www.amazon.com/Gods-Dream-Archbishop-Desmond-Tutu/dp/0763633887
      > >
      > > Warmly,
      > > Padma
      > >

      > > --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, Nagesh Kolagani <nagesh333@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > The NCERT books are highly superior, and obviously some very good
      > > > minds have gone into it.
      > > >
      > > > Even the learning levels are adjusted to what a child can actually
      > > > grasp at that age, and there is no overload. The social studies books
      > > > are excellent.
      > > >
      > > > Unfortunately gearing teachers to deal with such books is the uphill
      > > > task in our country - and the best material can be reduced to rote
      > > > learning. Guess that will take some time.
      > > >
      > > > Aparna

      > > encourage
      > > India.

      > > names,