7500Katha Chitrakala Award 2010-11: Illustrating for children

  • Chintan Girish Modi
    Oct 1, 2010

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Indu Harikumar

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------

    Warm greetings from Katha!

    Katha is happy to announce the KATHA CHITRAKALA AWARD 2010-11, an INTERNATIONAL SEARCH FOR EXCELLENCE IN ILLUSTRATING FOR CHILDREN. We invite illustrators, painters and storytellers with that magical style and a way with colours to create the most wonderful books for Indian children. This is an international search for excellence open to all illustrators, emerging or established, in India and abroad, word-and-image storytellers who can make a vital and significant difference to the world of children's books in India.

    There is a Grand Prize of Rs. 100001, a Runners-Up Prize, citations, notable mentions, and publication by Katha for the winners.

    Please find enclosed the poster, announcement brochure and the registration form for Katha Chitrakala Award 2010-11 enlisting the contest details. The last date for submission of entries is January 14th, 2011.

    Please feel free to share this information with all your illustrator friends and artists who specialize in and/or are keen to work for children’s books, and help us reach out and discover exciting new talent for our children!

    For more information or write to us at chitrakala@..., kathakaar@... or visit the link below:

    http://www.katha.org/kathawp2/apply-for-the-international-chitrakala-2010/

    Katha is a nonprofit organization working in the areas of education, literacy, translation and culturelinking. Our chief objective is to spread the joy of reading among children and adults. Katha sees the story as the nodal point of learning and understanding people, cultures and languages and our current publishing plan focuses on bringing world-class books for children. We are working with top-of-the-line illustrators and writers from India's many languages, to bring out quality books for children. The programme also seeks to develop an incubator for seeding young, emerging authors and illustrators for ensuring a sustainable children's book publishing and distribution programme in India.

    --
    To do is to be - Descartes,
    To be is to do - Voltaire,