2326Re: Home schooling in Bangalore

  • Sathish Kumar
    Mar 1, 2007
      Hi,

      We homeschool our 8yr old daughter and 4yr old son in Frazer town,
      East Bangalore and would be very happy to get to know the other
      homeschoolers in Bangalore.

      Our home number is 41277112. Looking forward to meeting up.
      Warm regards,
      --
      Sathish and Sangeetha.

      --- In alt-ed-india@yahoogroups.com, "Causmic Dance"
      <causmicdance@...> wrote:

      > Hi -
      >
      > We live in S Bangalore (BTM Layout) & HS our daughter, age 7. After
      > experiencing Bhavya for a couple of years and a brief stint at The
      > Valley School, we decided HS is what works best for us.
      >
      > I am not aware of many families doing HS here - many do alternative
      > schooling, but not HS. We follow an eclectic approach - looking at US
      > Grade curriculum, the Indian System, Waldorf home schooling resources
      > (of which there are plenty on the web) and of course, feeding on the
      > strengths of the local community that we live in.
      >
      > We do have a HS group (with almost 20 kids) next door, who do HS for
      > religious reasons. We are also friends with another family in N
      > Bangalore that does un-schooling.
      >
      > Due to the limited numbers, I am not aware of any serious networking
      > happening on the HS parents' front. And then you have Bangalore's
      > traffic to content with :-)
      >
      > If you are interested, we could meet and exchange thoughts. Do let
      us know.

      > warmly
      > Meena and Ramji
      >
      > On 1/30/07, vedam00 <vedam00@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello Friends,
      > > i just joined this group today, we moved to Bangalore
      > > from Naperville, ILL, US about 2 yrs ago and we are finding it realy
      > > hard to make a good choice for my 7 yr old, who will be going to 2 nd
      > > grade. He has been going to a small montessorie school currently. For
      > > next year we are considering home schooling. I would like to know if
      > > there are parents who are homeschooling in Bangalore and if they are
      > > than what is it like educating a child at home in India ?. Do parents
      > > and children meet regularly ? What kind of resources are available
      > > here in Bangalore ? We live in Defense colony Indiaranagar. Any
      > > assitance is greatly appreciated.
      > > Thank you

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic

    »