2299Re: [alt-ed-india] Home schooling in Bangalore

  • Causmic Dance
    Feb 15, 2007
      Ashok, Rama and anyone else interested,

      Have uploaded all my waldorf related bookmarks to del.icio.us and u
      should be able to access the same using the following url -

      http://del.icio.us/causmicdance/waldorf

      warmly,
      Ramji

      On 2/15/07, Ramalakshmi Nagasubramanian <nrama75@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ramji,
      >
      > Can u send the same details to my id also ?? Please...
      >
      > Rama
      >

      > Causmic Dance <causmicdance@...> wrote:
      >

      > Hi Ashok,
      >
      > Need more clarity around this - did u want the actual resources or
      > were u trying to find out more about what 'Waldorf home schooling
      > resources' meant?
      >
      > warmly
      > Ramji
      >
      > On 2/5/07, Ashok Prajapati <mirasho@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi meena,
      > >
      > > Will you please write me back about "Waldorf home schooling resources" ?
      > >
      > > Ashok
      > >

      > > Causmic Dance <causmicdance@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi -
      > >
      > > We live in S Bangalore (BTM Layout) & HS our daughter, age 7. After
      > > experiencing Bhavya for a couple of years and a brief stint at The
      > > Valley School, we decided HS is what works best for us.
      > >
      > > I am not aware of many families doing HS here - many do alternative
      > > schooling, but not HS. We follow an eclectic approach - looking at US
      > > Grade curriculum, the Indian System, Waldorf home schooling resources
      > > (of which there are plenty on the web) and of course, feeding on the
      > > strengths of the local community that we live in.
      > >
      > > We do have a HS group (with almost 20 kids) next door, who do HS for
      > > religious reasons. We are also friends with another family in N
      > > Bangalore that does un-schooling.
      > >
      > > Due to the limited numbers, I am not aware of any serious networking
      > > happening on the HS parents' front. And then you have Bangalore's
      > > traffic to content with :-)
      > >
      > > If you are interested, we could meet and exchange thoughts. Do let us
      > know.
      > >
      > > warmly
      > > Meena and Ramji
      > >
      > > On 1/30/07, vedam00 <vedam00@...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hello Friends,
      > > > i just joined this group today, we moved to Bangalore
      > > > from Naperville, ILL, US about 2 yrs ago and we are finding it realy
      > > > hard to make a good choice for my 7 yr old, who will be going to 2 nd
      > > > grade. He has been going to a small montessorie school currently. For
      > > > next year we are considering home schooling. I would like to know if
      > > > there are parents who are homeschooling in Bangalore and if they are
      > > > than what is it like educating a child at home in India ?. Do parents
      > > > and children meet regularly ? What kind of resources are available
      > > > here in Bangalore ? We live in Defense colony Indiaranagar. Any
      > > > assitance is greatly appreciated.
      > > > Thank you

      > > Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

      > Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic