2258Re: [alt-ed-india] Home schooling in Bangalore

  • Causmic Dance
    Feb 1, 2007
      Hi -

      We live in S Bangalore (BTM Layout) & HS our daughter, age 7. After
      experiencing Bhavya for a couple of years and a brief stint at The
      Valley School, we decided HS is what works best for us.

      I am not aware of many families doing HS here - many do alternative
      schooling, but not HS. We follow an eclectic approach - looking at US
      Grade curriculum, the Indian System, Waldorf home schooling resources
      (of which there are plenty on the web) and of course, feeding on the
      strengths of the local community that we live in.

      We do have a HS group (with almost 20 kids) next door, who do HS for
      religious reasons. We are also friends with another family in N
      Bangalore that does un-schooling.

      Due to the limited numbers, I am not aware of any serious networking
      happening on the HS parents' front. And then you have Bangalore's
      traffic to content with :-)

      If you are interested, we could meet and exchange thoughts. Do let us know.

      warmly
      Meena and Ramji

      On 1/30/07, vedam00 <vedam00@...> wrote:

      > Hello Friends,
      > i just joined this group today, we moved to Bangalore
      > from Naperville, ILL, US about 2 yrs ago and we are finding it realy
      > hard to make a good choice for my 7 yr old, who will be going to 2 nd
      > grade. He has been going to a small montessorie school currently. For
      > next year we are considering home schooling. I would like to know if
      > there are parents who are homeschooling in Bangalore and if they are
      > than what is it like educating a child at home in India ?. Do parents
      > and children meet regularly ? What kind of resources are available
      > here in Bangalore ? We live in Defense colony Indiaranagar. Any
      > assitance is greatly appreciated.
      > Thank you

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic