All the Junos in this series have the same synth engine although they have differing features. The actual Juno 2 keyboard keys respond to velocity, the Juno 1 and HK-10 keyboards do not, although played through midi with a velocity keyboard it does work.
These synths can be programmed with the Roland PG-300 or software midi editors.
Please visit the file section for patches and software editors.
The filter can be controlled in a sequencer via MIDI aftertouch with the setting: VCF AFTR=15
- Sound engine:
- 100% Analog 24dB Low pass Filter with Resonance
- 3 stage High Pass Filter
- Stable Multimode DCO (many waveforms)
- 6 Voice polyphony
- 1 Voice multitimbral
- Chord Memory (can be tricked for huge unison sounds)
- 128 onboard sounds (64 preset, 64 user-programmable)
- Pulse Width Modulation
- The famous Roland Chorus
- Two Unique invertible multi-stage ADSR envelopes. (VCF and DCA)
- MIDI Controllers
- PG-300 Programmer available with sliders
- Velocity Sensitivity
- Aftertouch Sensitivity
(all models respond to velocity and aftertouch, useful as a real-time midi controller)
- Octave transpose (on keyboards)
- polyphonic portamento (can slide chords around)
- Alpha Juno-2 has a very hard to find cartridge that holds 64 additional sounds.
- The Alpha Dial!! + Membrane buttons!!
- Where the HOOVER sound got it’s start!!!
- Synthesizers and Samplers
- Jun 5, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.