Fwd: BLANDING

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2000
      This is Kay Prine's message. Kay is a volunteer at the Carmel Library that
      got us the 1937 Carmel Pine Cone newspaper. Kay also had the pleasure of
      meeting and talking with Don Blanding when she was a teenager in Carmel. Kay
      is a delightful lady that has shown hospitality to myself and to Bev during
      our visits to Carmel. She has assisted us in getting this far and now on to
      a possible show and talk with the Carmel Heritage Society. This can only
      lead us into more expansive and positive areas that will create more
      information about DB. Thank you, Kay Prine!

    • myglassduchess@sprynet.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2000
        TJ,

        Now, we are making some real progress!

        But apparently you added Kay's note as an attachment to your e-mail.
        Attachments are not permitted on the message board and will be
        automatically deleted by the system.

        Could you please do a copy/paste as part of an actual (new) message
        so we can all read Kay's message?

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2000
          BSchu36505@... writes:

          << Bev -TJ--
          Gave copy of your Emails to CarmelHeritage Society - Program Chairman
          Renate Wunsch was very interested in an exhibit of Don Blanding memorabilia.
          She has sent an E-Mail to you. However will be out of town for a few weeks.
          CHS Executive Director Clare McClure will take all information .

          Suggest you give background, membership, objectives, etc. of your Don
          Blanding Group for their information- they are interested.

          RE -- Pine Cone -- Basement flooded during El Nino and a lot of the
          old PineCones were ruined. However, the Carmel Library has all Pine Cone
          issues on Micro Fiche. Presently, the main library is closed for renovations
          and has moved to the Park Branch. It’s difficult to do much research at this
          time but will try to get into the MicroFiche for you.

          An article in the Pine Cone regarding what you are doing is an
          excellent idea! There must be other people still around who had some contact
          with Don. I’ll help in any way that I can.

          CHS website--www.carmelheritage.org
          E-mail: INFO@...

          Kay Prine