eGroups remodel

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2000
      Hello, all...

      After a long weekend without this group, I'd hoped to find a OneList-
      egroups merger with eGroups intact.

      Unfortunately, they apparently chose to delete the Talk feature and
      to retain the OneList page design and other details. In my view, the
      eGroups website was far superior to that of OneList and I have voiced
      my complaints to the eGroups customer service people. So far, no
      response.

      Of greatest concern, in the remodel, they deleted all of our LINKS!
      I have asked them to restore the links, but no one has responded as
      yet. Since the links survived on my other group, I do have some hope
      that I'll not have to start all over again. At least the Database
      and Vault (renamed "Files") are OK, though access to the Database was
      delayed somewhat after the site re-opened.

      I've just discovered some minor glitches in the upload procedure,
      too, but at least the process works despite messages saying
      "Oops...no such file."

      Any comments you wish to make to eGroups, be my guest. The more we
      complain about navigation, the itty-bitty type size on file/folder
      names, etc., the more they might listen. I, for one, want the term
      "Vault" restored!

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2000
        Some progress to report. The Links have been restored, and eGroups
        has finally acknowledged this problem and several similar ones.

        Keep those cards and letters coming, folks!