Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Good stuff in the vault!

  • Donnelle Evans
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2000
      My mother Patty McCabe met Don Blanding in Inverness. He came to the
      Inverness Hotel/Restaruant that my grandmother and her husband owned (Evelyn
      and Don Crivelli). I believe Don's son and family still live in Inverness.
      He owns the old garage on the main drag. He might have some stories to
      share. He may of been there in 1943. My mother and Don shared a
      correspondence until just 4 days before his death in 1957.

      Aloha, Donnelle

      >From: TJMarkle@...
      >To: aloha-donblanding@egroups.com
      >Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Good stuff in the vault!
      >Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 12:02:21 EDT
      >

      >From tj, hey its lonely out here in Blandingland when we can't access our
      >site....I didn't know how much I went in there until this weekend.....My
      >daughter does landscaping in Marin County and says there is a Blanding lane
      >and an old house called the Blanding house. She didn't know much more than
      >that but will check it out for me. A .com'er has purchased the property
      >but
      >the city wouldn't let him tear down the old house as it has some historical
      >value....Maybe DB was in Inverness and surrounding areas more than we knew
      >about? Anyone out there have any other info? I'm going through all of my
      >books right now looking for poetry that might fit the Marin County area,
      >Inverness, etc. Anyone have any quick leads?

      >Kodak Advantix Camera w/ Bag and 2 Rolls of Film, 60% off with
      >FREE Shipping and a 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee at
      >screaminghotdeals.com

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/aloha-donblanding/?m=1

    • Donnelle Evans
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2000
        Dtrean, I now live in the Phoenix area. I can check the library for info on
        Don.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
          --- In aloha-donblanding@y..., "Donnelle Evans" <donnelle_evans@h...>
          wrote:
          > My mother Patty McCabe met Don Blanding in Inverness. He came to
          the
          > Inverness Hotel/Restaruant that my grandmother and her husband
          owned (Evelyn
          > and Don Crivelli). I believe Don's son and family still live in
          Inverness.
          > He owns the old garage on the main drag. He might have some
          stories to
          > share. He may of been there in 1943. My mother and Don shared a
          > correspondence until just 4 days before his death in 1957.
          >
          > Aloha, Donnelle

          Need Help,

          Hal and I will venture up to Inverness in Marin County in May. Is
          the Inverness Hotel/Resturant still operating? I know that Don
          Crivelli's son is still operating the garage on the main drag...does
          it have a NAME? I'll try to interview him if TJ hasn't already done
          so. Send me any infor you might have and I'll follow up on it.