[aloha-donblanding] Ebay's Blanding page....

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
      Here's the page I use for looking for Blanding items on Ebay.. its actually
      just a search result that I did under the name "Blanding" , but it turns up
      all of the stuff listed under his name.. some of the stuff listed are
      souvenirs of a Camp Blanding which have nothing to do with Don... Here's the
      http://search.ebay.com/cgi-bin/texis/ebay/results.html?dest=&cobrandpartner=x&
      tc=&ht=1&st=&textonly=n&query=blanding&allebay=1&ebayregioncode=39&SortPropert
      y=MetaEndSort

      Its a loooong URL, but it will get you there! I see about 25 Don Blanding
      items here, there are things listed here to satisfy the long time collector
      and also books to start off a great collection....

      Aloha!
      Larry
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
        Larry,

        Thanks...why don't you add the info to the Links page? I have already
        added my custom Blanding sort, using blanding* and searching both
        auction titles and descriptions. Some sellers spell Blanding with an
        "s" and get confused with Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, which
        has nothing to do with DB either.

        The Blanding woodcut (I'm still not sure that's the correct term) has
        been on eBay before, getting bids but not meeting a reserve. It's an
        interesting piece. About six years ago, some original brush and ink
        drawings were up for sale out of California. Asking price was around
        $200-300, but I later heard they were selling in the $2000 range!

        I wish Steve luck...there's bound to be a DB collector or a Carmel
        collector out there who can handle the asking price.