[aloha-donblanding] DB publishing rights

  • Merle Prusia
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27 3:56 AM
      Cadia- A member of "Friends of the Library" in Honolulu informed me their
      organization owns the rights to DB's works. They had no objection to
      reproduction as long as their group could receive a percentage. This was in
      1996. Maybe they would consider selling ? Worth a try if this group
      organizes. Merle
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2000
        Merle Prusia wrote:

        > Cadia- A member of "Friends of the Library" in Honolulu informed me their
        > organization owns the rights to DB's works. They had no objection to
        > reproduction as long as their group could receive a percentage. This was in
        > 1996. Maybe they would consider selling ? Worth a try if this group
        > organizes. Merle

        Great news! If that is indeed the truth (do they have papers to prove it) it will
        greatly expedite things! We can also determine exaclty how much longer copyrights are
        in effect.

        IMHO - We are not talking about great amounts of money. If they have the rights, it
        would probably be much cheaper to pay for permissions on a per use basis than to try
        to buy the rights -- especially knowing that they will probably all go out of
        copyright in 2006.

        Jerry
      • haven putnam
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2000
          To : Merle
          From : Bob Putnam
          Subject: Copyrights
          I don't have the web site for the copyright dept at my finger tips but
          the info is available on-line. I have spent considerable time and money to
          get to the bottom of this and can say with full conviction the " Friends of
          the Library" are not on record for holding ANY of Dons works.
          Mahalo Bob