[aloha-donblanding] Re: Don Blanding/Carmel by the Sea

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
      For Cadia: tj emailed Bev the email address and name of your contact outside
      of Carmel. Also, Arleen, from the Carmel Library has mailed my material from
      the Pine Cone and some other material. I should get it this week and be able
      to go thru it. Cadia, if you email me personally and give me a mailing
      address, I will copy off what I receive and send it to you.

      tj
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
        TJ,

        Thanks...I thought I had sent that info to you both, a long time ago.
        Bev, I was not ignoring your request, just swamped with e-mail and many
        chores. I was in Portland for 4 days, and have slowly been recovering
        from either the flu or a bad cold. Not sure which, but several doses
        of chicken soup have helped!

        BTW, at Expo, not a Blanding book in sight! I asked every bookseller
        as I tramped through 3 acres of stuff. But, a friend of a friend did
        sell 3 or 4 large -- 16x20? -- Mundorff prints (the ones found in "An
        Old Hawaiian Garden"). They went fast!

        My pals Dennis and Mike had side-by-side double booths filled with
        pottery - lots of HTF Vernon Kilns including Blanding designs. Also, a
        set of Rockwell Kent's blue Moby Dick...I bought one 6" plate to add to
        my vintage advertising display. Next time out for that display is the
        glass show in Hillsboro, Oregon, March 25-26. I always feature my
        Blanding/Kent ads, along with examples of Coral Reef and Hawaiian
        Flowers, and now Moby Dick.

        ~~Cadia
      • MauiBandB@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
          CADIA

          We are always interested in Mundorf prints from My Old Hawaiian Garden. If
          you hear of anymore let me know.

          aloha
          Maui Tom
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
            Tj had his second computer tutor class tonight. I uploaded a 1935 photo of
            DB. It came out a bit larger than I thought it would, but it looks good.
            The photo is is signed by DB and is to a Phil Schuler or Schuber. I've not
            heard of a Phil Schuber. Any info about him out there? I do like DB's
            attire and necklace, he's rather dapper...
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
              Yeah, TJ...

              We'll get you computerized yet! This is a great photo! Where did you
              find it?

              I did send the image through Photopoint to resize it and lighten the
              load time. You might want to open a free Photopoint account, so you'll
              have a place to edit images. You can then store them on Photopoint and
              provide a link to a Blanding album, or upload (at many fewer KB's) to
              our vault.

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 8, 2000
                ti's photo was a ebay find for me. I thought it captured the DB that I had
                imagined. He has all his finery on, the hat, scarf, necklace, etc. Now I
                need to find out who he inscribed it to and what meaning there was. It
                seemed like a special photo, not a run of the mill one. I have one other
                photo that appears to be DB in his early 50's that I got along with a
                Talisman greeting card (I'll upload this also). The photo is very plain but
                I'll upload it later. I hadn't heard of Photo point before. I'll get my
                tutor on it with me, otherwise there's trouble.