[aloha-donblanding] New Purchase Question / Virgin of Waikiki

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2000
      Hi, all...

      I am resubmitting Gilan's question to the list. The original message
      appeared (twice) as an attachment on this list and was generally not
      viewable. Although a couple of members apparently were able to open
      the attachment, I chose to delete the original message. Recently I've
      been notified of several new viruses, so I preferred not to take any
      chances!

      Neither Gilan nor I understand how her message showed up as an
      attachment rather than a simple e-mail message. I do know that I was
      unable to open it; and "save to disk" yielded technical gibberish that
      was not readable.

      Here's the text of the original message:

      I recently acquired a copy of The Virgin of Waikiki by DB that appears
      be different from what is listed on the Don Blanding Bibliography
      Website.
      I was curious if anyone knows anything about this edition.

      It has a brown paper cover (leather-like look) and is tied together
      with a
      tassel. The publisher is David Graham Fischer Corporation, Hollywood,
      California, 1926. Any insights?

      GMM

      Question to Gilan ... is the author "by Don" or does DB's full name
      appear on the cover and/or title page?