[aloha-donblanding] New group members

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2000
      Aloha, and welcome to our most recent members, Williams K. Boyd and
      "Christopher" (there was no name attached, just an e-mail addy). Once
      you both have caught up on your reading here, I hope you'll jump into
      the discussion and tell us about your Blanding connection. I think
      you'll find us a very sociable, friendly and knowledgeable group.

      ~~Cadia
    • MauiBandB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2000
        Allow me to introduce Bill Boyd. He is descendant of Hawaiian royalty. He
        is the keeper of Hawaiian Culture at Outrigger Wailea Hotel. He was also
        involved in the project with me in developing and running the Hula Moons
        Restaurant in the early 90's. And provides the continuity of information and
        intent for the restaurant(the hotel has changed management companies three
        times since 1992, but Hula Moons endures successful, thanks to Bill).
        He also has input into Outrigger Hotels Hawai'is plans to develp the Don
        Blanding Hula Moons Rest concept in appropriate outrigger hotels in Hawai'i,
        Guam, Vanu Atu and Tahiti (25+ hotels). He has access to Oliver Northe's
        collection of Blanding books and memorabilia, which was recieved in 1990 by
        the hotel. He also has been in contact with Dr. Charles Lovell over the
        years.
        He is very excited about being a member. He could be instrumental in
        spreading the awareness of Don Blanding to all clients of Outrigger hotels.
        He is a long time friend and is affectionately known as Williama the Alii
        Aimoku.

        Aloha
        Maui Tom
      • Beverly Leinbach
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2000
          Aloha Bill Boyd,

          I enjoyed talking with you on the phone many months ago and you were very
          helpful with information. I did talk with /dr. Lovell thanks to you. Your
          staff was very helpful also. The information they sent me was great. The
          Hotel offered a group rate if we should decide to reunion there.
          Welcome aboard!