[aloha-donblanding] Re: A question for the group

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 5, 2000
      Well Bev, tj would like a recording of DB's latest album you located. When I
      send you my copies of the Pine Cone, I'll include a tape, if you will.....I
      would be real interested in Edith Hope Genee's interpretation of DB's work...
      I did speak with Arleen at the Carmel Library but she had not gotten
      around to having the Pine Cone copied yet. Who know's it might be ready for
      pick-up when you get there on 3-17. I won't get there before then but will
      be going back to Carmel soon.
    • Gerald Argetsinger
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 6, 2000
        My favorite Blanding poem is "Heart's Radar." I think the first
        attraction is the family connection to the poem, that DB personally
        noted to my father that it was written to remember Scotty, his Lone Wolf
        partner, my father's roommate, and my own name sake. But before I knew
        that, I knew of the poem because my mother read it often after my
        father's death. Finally, I think that it is one of his most eloquent
        poems. It is extremely well written, it touches the heart without
        dipping into cheap sentimentalism, it is loving and it is uplifting.
        When I am sometimes asked to speak at a funeral, I always read it; when
        a friend experiences a death in the family, I always give them a copy.
        It assuages the pain of grief and offers the hope of a better life in
        the hereafter.

        -- Jerry
      • Mary Repass-Friend
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 7, 2000
          Jerry,
          You did such a lovely job describing your favorite that I've just spent the
          last 25 minutes looking for it.... unsuccessfully.

          Help me out a little and remind me which book it is in?

          One of my problems could be that every time I open a book I find things to
          reread again and get distracted! .... Huh!

          Help!
          Thanks friend,
          Mary in Florida "ys"

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 7, 2000
            Opps, Obviously I was just catching up on DB mail. I should have been more
            patient and read further.

            Thanks Jerry for contributing some much appreciated "finger sweat" to the
            group.

            Mary in Floridays