[aloha-donblanding] Message: Blanding Tape for Jean

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2000
      Jean...
      I didnt have your email handy so I thought I'd go ahead and just send you a
      message through the group.. seems like a quiet day anyway... I received your
      blank tape yesterday and I have just completed recording the Don Blanding
      album for you. I will get it in the mail in the next day or so... I hope you
      enjoy it...

      Aloha
      Larry
    • Jean Sargent
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2000
        From: TikiRoom18@... <TikiRoom18@...>
        To: aloha-donblanding@egroups.com <aloha-donblanding@egroups.com>
        Date: Friday, March 03, 2000 10:56 PM
        Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Message: Blanding Tape for Jean

        Larry, Mahalo. I really appreciate you doing this for me.Maybe you can
        answer a few questions for me. The other night (Feb28) there was some info
        about DB on our group mail from Gerald Argetsinger. Do you know if his info
        is accurate? He said DB was in Bend Oregon in 1951. Does this jive with what
        you know? I am just curious if any of his info is corrrect. Mahalo nui oe!
        Jean mahalo@...

      • TikiRoom18@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2000
          Jean.. wow, that was a wikiwiki response.... :-)

          You honor me with your question, but I really have no independent knowledge
          of Don's life and times besides what I have read in his books and the few
          little tidbits I have run across in personal nosing around. All I really know
          about Don in Bend, Oregon are the bits of information you have also read here
          on this list. Is this pretty close to you, locationwise? Maybe this would be
          an area you could research out... he seems to leave a pretty definable "paper
          trail" in local media... maybe your library might have microfilm stuff from
          the Bend papers... just a thought? One never knows, it seems, what one will
          find when playing Blandingarchaeologist...

          Aloha
          Larry