[aloha-donblanding] Re: email address for Bob Krauss

  • Curt Blanding
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
      I checked the Honolulu Advertiser website at
      http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/contact.html
      and they did not have an email address for Bob Krauss
      they did have a phone number listed as:
      Columnist Bob Krauss – (808) 525-8073

      Curt

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
        Hi, all....

        Thanks to whoever submitted the Bird of Paradise illustration...it's OK
        to include your initials in the title when you upload an illustration
        or photo.

        Before anyone thinks stuff has "disappeared" from the Vault...I've just
        done a bit of housekeeping and placed some items into folders. Once we
        start adding a lot of material, the list will become unmanageable.
        Hence, a little order to start with will pay big dividends!

        If any of you are in a scanning mood, some representative examples of
        DB's work from various books (or other sources) would be welcome in the
        Illustrations/Blanding folder. You may have to make a good, sharp
        photocopy of an image, then scan the copy, to avoid problems with page
        curve.

        I'm hoping that TJ and Bev will take photos on their visits to Carmel.
        Even contemporary photos (or postcards) can give us a feel for the
        place.

        ~~Cadia
      • Keith Emmons
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
          Sorry Cadia, the 'Bird of Paradise' upload was mine. It's an
          illustration from the same production DB saw in 1915. The woman on the
          front is Laurette Taylor, the original actress to play the part of
          Luana.
          Keith
        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
            For Bob Krauss address harry b Writes:
            If Bob Krauss does have email, it would be listed on the Honolulu Advertiser

            website, in the same manner that Dave Donnelly's is listed on The Honolulu

            Star Bulletin site.

            Juni-boy

            Maui Tom