[aloha-donblanding] Re: aloha-donblanding digest

  • Jakable@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2000
      Wow indeed.

      I am not surpirse that Don would have been gay or bisexual, but that does not
      diminish one whit his talent, the beauty of his poetry or his insignful
      observations about Hawaii, California, Florida and Oregon.

      TJ, I think you should see if the Monterey Herald has a place for an article
      about Don. It circulates up and down the coast, including Carmel, Big Sur
      and other points where there may be bits and pieces of Don Blanding
      knowledge. It has the advantage of being owned by Knight Rider, which also
      owns the Mercury News and Contra Costa Times in the Bay Area. Stories are
      sometimes shared via a common wire service in the company. And this might
      include the Seattle Times, which is partly owned by Knight Rider.
      But certainly try the Pine Cone and the inflight magazines. Photos or copies
      of drawing would help such articles if we could fine some to submit.

      I can contribute little to this group in the way of undiscoverd material
      about Don Blanding, but I would be willing to edit any potential articles,
      since that is what I do for a living.

      And herein end my 2 cents worth for the day.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2000
        tj says, DB also published in the Monterey local newspaper according to my
        Carmel sources. They were going to try to located a name for me. This is
        good info to pursue...
      • Jakable@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 2000
          Count me in for a copy. I could retrive it myself since we live so close
          together.
        • Jakable@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 17, 2000
            So are any of us attorneys?
            A good lawyer would be useful right now, but I strongly favor the idea of a
            foundation dedicated to the preservation of the art and memory of Don
            Blanding with the idea that we might even offer a schoalrship for aspiring
            poets at some point.
            I think foundaitons can tap into other foundations for grants in specific
            areas.
            Dues are good, so are donations.