[aloha-donblanding] Re: I found my cache

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
      Gerald, I'm awstruck at the info you have presented. There is so little
      personalized information about DB. I note that in interviewing Kay at the
      Carmel Library (she met DB as a teenager), she said he was so personable and
      likeable. She did not recognize him as a famous person at that time, but
      remembered his friendliness. This is the wonderful part of DB that shines in
      his work. Thanks for the contribution. I have copied your email but would
      not use it per your request. I know so little about DB in Oregon. Its
      interesting to see how content he seemed there. I can feel the
      Blandingmobile firing up for a trip to Oregon this summer. I've been through
      Bend before but just passing, not stopping.....time for some history lessons
      about Bend...
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
        Maui Tom, my past email conversations with Dave Donnelly were fruitless about
        DB as he said he didn't know him at all. I was hoping Dave might do some
        research in the archives of the Star Bulletin, that's when I lost him. We
        have Mandarin on line with us and she was going to Hawaii during Christmas
        and I tried to line up Dave so she might meet him, but I lost Dave and wasn't
        sure he was still employed at the SB. Is the SB still going? I guess it was
        near extinction when I was there in October. I will check out the other
        email address. I hadn't heard of him before. Thanks again...
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
          Maui Tom, am I correct in assuming that Eddie Sherman knew DB? Sorry about
          my confusion but I re-read what you wrote and wasn't sure. This is tj. If
          so, is he on line and do you know him personally or thru Harry Soria?
        • MauiBandB@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
            TJ Eddie Sherman was a columnist in the forties and fifties all the way to
            the present. He probably new Don Blanding. He might be of help
          • MauiBandB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
              TJ don't know Eddie personally. But my parents do. Harry B knows him well.
              He is a very well known columnist in Hawaii.
            • Donnelle Evans
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 2 4:13 PM
                Jerry, great info, enjoyed reading it. What a great fine for the group.
                Thanks for sharing.