[aloha-donblanding] Re: I found my cache

  • Keith Emmons
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
      Jerry,
      An amazing story. Thank you for sharing with us. I promise to be
      discreet in any research I do in this area.
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
        Gerald, I'm awstruck at the info you have presented. There is so little
        personalized information about DB. I note that in interviewing Kay at the
        Carmel Library (she met DB as a teenager), she said he was so personable and
        likeable. She did not recognize him as a famous person at that time, but
        remembered his friendliness. This is the wonderful part of DB that shines in
        his work. Thanks for the contribution. I have copied your email but would
        not use it per your request. I know so little about DB in Oregon. Its
        interesting to see how content he seemed there. I can feel the
        Blandingmobile firing up for a trip to Oregon this summer. I've been through
        Bend before but just passing, not stopping.....time for some history lessons
        about Bend...
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
          Maui Tom, my past email conversations with Dave Donnelly were fruitless about
          DB as he said he didn't know him at all. I was hoping Dave might do some
          research in the archives of the Star Bulletin, that's when I lost him. We
          have Mandarin on line with us and she was going to Hawaii during Christmas
          and I tried to line up Dave so she might meet him, but I lost Dave and wasn't
          sure he was still employed at the SB. Is the SB still going? I guess it was
          near extinction when I was there in October. I will check out the other
          email address. I hadn't heard of him before. Thanks again...
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
            Maui Tom, am I correct in assuming that Eddie Sherman knew DB? Sorry about
            my confusion but I re-read what you wrote and wasn't sure. This is tj. If
            so, is he on line and do you know him personally or thru Harry Soria?
          • MauiBandB@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
              TJ Eddie Sherman was a columnist in the forties and fifties all the way to
              the present. He probably new Don Blanding. He might be of help
            • MauiBandB@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                TJ don't know Eddie personally. But my parents do. Harry B knows him well.
                He is a very well known columnist in Hawaii.
              • Donnelle Evans
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 2, 2000
                  Jerry, great info, enjoyed reading it. What a great fine for the group.
                  Thanks for sharing.