[aloha-donblanding] Re: I found my cache

  • Bill McMurray
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
      I'm speehless! I can only echo Larry's comments.....wow!
      Bill

      ----------

    • Keith Emmons
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
        Jerry,
        An amazing story. Thank you for sharing with us. I promise to be
        discreet in any research I do in this area.
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
          Gerald, I'm awstruck at the info you have presented. There is so little
          personalized information about DB. I note that in interviewing Kay at the
          Carmel Library (she met DB as a teenager), she said he was so personable and
          likeable. She did not recognize him as a famous person at that time, but
          remembered his friendliness. This is the wonderful part of DB that shines in
          his work. Thanks for the contribution. I have copied your email but would
          not use it per your request. I know so little about DB in Oregon. Its
          interesting to see how content he seemed there. I can feel the
          Blandingmobile firing up for a trip to Oregon this summer. I've been through
          Bend before but just passing, not stopping.....time for some history lessons
          about Bend...
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
            Maui Tom, my past email conversations with Dave Donnelly were fruitless about
            DB as he said he didn't know him at all. I was hoping Dave might do some
            research in the archives of the Star Bulletin, that's when I lost him. We
            have Mandarin on line with us and she was going to Hawaii during Christmas
            and I tried to line up Dave so she might meet him, but I lost Dave and wasn't
            sure he was still employed at the SB. Is the SB still going? I guess it was
            near extinction when I was there in October. I will check out the other
            email address. I hadn't heard of him before. Thanks again...
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
              Maui Tom, am I correct in assuming that Eddie Sherman knew DB? Sorry about
              my confusion but I re-read what you wrote and wasn't sure. This is tj. If
              so, is he on line and do you know him personally or thru Harry Soria?
            • MauiBandB@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                TJ Eddie Sherman was a columnist in the forties and fifties all the way to
                the present. He probably new Don Blanding. He might be of help
              • MauiBandB@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                  TJ don't know Eddie personally. But my parents do. Harry B knows him well.
                  He is a very well known columnist in Hawaii.
                • Donnelle Evans
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 2, 2000
                    Jerry, great info, enjoyed reading it. What a great fine for the group.
                    Thanks for sharing.