[aloha-donblanding] Re: I found my cache

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
      wow!

      (gulp!!!)

      Aloha
      Lary
    • MauiBandB@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
        Hope these addresses help thanks to Harry B. Soria
        These may have known Don B. professionally.
        Dave Donnelly's e-mail is available on at:
        http:www.honolulustarbulletin.com
        Eddie Sherman has been a columnist for MIDWEEK MAGAZINE, our weekly
        newspaper here on Oahu, for years.
      • Bill McMurray
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
          I'm speehless! I can only echo Larry's comments.....wow!
          Bill

          ----------

        • Keith Emmons
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
            Jerry,
            An amazing story. Thank you for sharing with us. I promise to be
            discreet in any research I do in this area.
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
              Gerald, I'm awstruck at the info you have presented. There is so little
              personalized information about DB. I note that in interviewing Kay at the
              Carmel Library (she met DB as a teenager), she said he was so personable and
              likeable. She did not recognize him as a famous person at that time, but
              remembered his friendliness. This is the wonderful part of DB that shines in
              his work. Thanks for the contribution. I have copied your email but would
              not use it per your request. I know so little about DB in Oregon. Its
              interesting to see how content he seemed there. I can feel the
              Blandingmobile firing up for a trip to Oregon this summer. I've been through
              Bend before but just passing, not stopping.....time for some history lessons
              about Bend...
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                Maui Tom, my past email conversations with Dave Donnelly were fruitless about
                DB as he said he didn't know him at all. I was hoping Dave might do some
                research in the archives of the Star Bulletin, that's when I lost him. We
                have Mandarin on line with us and she was going to Hawaii during Christmas
                and I tried to line up Dave so she might meet him, but I lost Dave and wasn't
                sure he was still employed at the SB. Is the SB still going? I guess it was
                near extinction when I was there in October. I will check out the other
                email address. I hadn't heard of him before. Thanks again...
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                  Maui Tom, am I correct in assuming that Eddie Sherman knew DB? Sorry about
                  my confusion but I re-read what you wrote and wasn't sure. This is tj. If
                  so, is he on line and do you know him personally or thru Harry Soria?
                • MauiBandB@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                    TJ Eddie Sherman was a columnist in the forties and fifties all the way to
                    the present. He probably new Don Blanding. He might be of help
                  • MauiBandB@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 28, 2000
                      TJ don't know Eddie personally. But my parents do. Harry B knows him well.
                      He is a very well known columnist in Hawaii.
                    • Donnelle Evans
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 2, 2000
                        Jerry, great info, enjoyed reading it. What a great fine for the group.
                        Thanks for sharing.