Aunty Pinau article

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
      It appears that the dust of Aunty Pinau prefers to remain unseen. The article brought a few new leads for Don Blanding himself but nothing at all for Aunty Pinau. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not sure that the article itself appeared on each Island. Does anyone in Hawaii know that? I had a phone call from a person from Kona who said he only heard of the article from a friend. Any suggestions? tj
    • Allen Dayton
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
        Tom! The Star-Advertiser is sold on the four big islands. I don't know about the other islands but on Maui, the Star-Advertiser would compete with the Maui newspaper and I suspect that more Maui natives read it instead of the Honolulu newspaper as it carries more local news. The Maui newspaper was distributed free to each room in our condo hotel, the Kaanapali Shores.

        Two other suggestions: check with one of the local Maui radio stations and see if they have an appropriate call-in broadcast and if they do, call in.

        Distribute fliers around the small villages in Maui and offer a small reward for information.

        Good Luck!

        Allen Dayton
        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
          I'm not sure what is kosher in the newspaper business. My thought was to try to
          have my article published in other newspapers but I suspect the Star-Advertiser
          might object. I'm not sure how other newspapers might pick up the story and run
          it. I'll check it out. Rewards? No, I'm a retired poor man. ha....tj