Re: Aunty Pinau article

  • Cadia
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 9, 2013
      TJ, you'll be pleased to know that Hawaii Book Blog picked up the Star-Advertiser's story and tweeted a link to their many followers, mentioning my ID in the message. I RT'd to my 400+ followers, many of whom are also in Hawaii.

      I also posted the story to my Facebook page.

      So let's hope the extended "broadcast" gets some additional response.

      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 9, 2013
        I've emailed with several people who said they would put the article and my
        email onto their blogs. Thats good news. I have an email today with a lead on
        Aunty Pinau. She thinks Aunty Pinau's real name might be: Margeuite Keao
        Hobron Kalaoklani (1885-1933) but the 1885 birth date doesn't match up to our
        age factors unless we're totally wrong. tj

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 10, 2013
          I think you might be right to look for other than Aunty Pinau. It can be
          a nick name with naughty connotation, so it might have been a name given by
          herself and not necessarily an alias.

          aloha
          Maui Tom

          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
            It appears that the dust of Aunty Pinau prefers to remain unseen. The article brought a few new leads for Don Blanding himself but nothing at all for Aunty Pinau. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm not sure that the article itself appeared on each Island. Does anyone in Hawaii know that? I had a phone call from a person from Kona who said he only heard of the article from a friend. Any suggestions? tj
          • Allen Dayton
            Message 5 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
              Tom! The Star-Advertiser is sold on the four big islands. I don't know about the other islands but on Maui, the Star-Advertiser would compete with the Maui newspaper and I suspect that more Maui natives read it instead of the Honolulu newspaper as it carries more local news. The Maui newspaper was distributed free to each room in our condo hotel, the Kaanapali Shores.

              Two other suggestions: check with one of the local Maui radio stations and see if they have an appropriate call-in broadcast and if they do, call in.

              Distribute fliers around the small villages in Maui and offer a small reward for information.

              Good Luck!

              Allen Dayton
              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 16, 2013
                I'm not sure what is kosher in the newspaper business. My thought was to try to
                have my article published in other newspapers but I suspect the Star-Advertiser
                might object. I'm not sure how other newspapers might pick up the story and run
                it. I'll check it out. Rewards? No, I'm a retired poor man. ha....tj